About the opportunity
Are you interested in working with young people aged 5 to 10 years and 11 to 19 years? You may be looking for a career working with children? If so, why not become a Volunteer Activity Assistant for our Children’s Project?
As a Volunteer Activity Assistant you will help with the preparation of the play environment and support the delivery of activities. You will gain valuable experience of working with children and young people; learn to encourage them whilst helping them to have an equal opportunity to take part in all aspects of the Project.
Some of your responsibilities could be:
- To help create an environment to enable the children and young people to make choices, access a range of resources and be supported in their play activities
- Help the children and young people to develop and improve through all aspects of the Project, supporting their well-being, self-esteem, self-confidence, problem solving and social skills
- Encourage and promote healthy lifestyles through physically active play, arts and crafts, music, drama, role playing and free play activities
- To work together as a team to ensure the supervision of the children and young people at all times in a safe but stimulating environment
- To be open to learning and gaining experience from project assistant and other members of staff
- To assist in the daily setting up and clearing away of the day’s activities in preparation for the following day
- You are encouraged to participate in safeguarding, induction, and play-work training offered to you as a volunteer
- To help promote and deliver a high, public profile and customer service on behalf of Westcliff Community Works.
What are we looking for?
A person who can give their time in the Evening and during School Holidays!
In addition to the above, the following skills are not essential but would be beneficial
in the role:
- Ability to identify and support children’s needs
- Creativity to suggest ideas for play opportunities
All volunteers will undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you are interested in volunteering please get in touch via the contact information in the sidebar, or call into Westcliff Community Works at The arc and have a chat with Jo or Lindsey.